|The Flatiron Building currently has three full floors available, triangular in shape, each with their own unique layout and characteristics. Each floor has between 2000 and 2400 usable square feet of space.||Our 2nd Floor was most recently used as a medical clinic and is perfectly suited for a medical or dental office. It is outfitted with modern frosted-glass partitions, and three "exam-room"-styled spaces with soft-closing pocket doors. There is also a reception area, waiting area, small kitchenette, two bathrooms, and two "corner offices". Click here to view more photos and a fly-through video of the 2nd floor.|
|The 3rd Floor is a mostly-open floor plan with a sound-proof room at the triangle's apex, an additional private office, kitchenette and bathroom.||The 4th Floor is available in its entirety as an office partitioned into three rooms off of a central hallway; each room with their own bathroom, a kitchenette and a wet bar in the apex office. Click here to view more photos and a fly-through video of the 4th floor.|
The Flatiron Building is located at 1000 Houston Street at the corner of Houston and 9th Streets in downtown Fort Worth. In addition to conducting business out of one of the most iconic landmarks in the state, having your office in the Flatiron Building puts you literally at the door of the Fort Worth Convention Center. As the central landmark of the Fort Worth Flatiron District, the building is also walking distance to over 80 restaurants, cafes and bars, 10 hotels, is a three-minute walk to the Trinity Railway Express commuter rail and TexRail service to DFW Airport, and is also on the route of the "Molly the Trolley" complimentary streetcar that circulates downtown.
|Fort Worth's Flatiron Building was commissioned by local physician Dr. Bacon Saunders in 1907 after returning from a trip to New York City, where he had marveled at the original 22-story Flatiron Building -- one of the tallest buildings in the world at that time and remains to be one of the most photographed buildings in the world.||The Fort Worth version was slated to be 10 stories tall, to be located on a similarly-shaped triangular-shaped corner lot as the one in New York, and was originally known as Saunders' Triangle Building. Due to budgetary concerns in the wake of "The Panic of 1907", the building was scaled back to seven stories.|
|Upon its completion, the Fort Worth Flatiron was considered one of the tallest buildings in the state of Texas, and has the distinction of being both the first office building in Fort Worth to have an elevator, and the first steel frame building in Fort Worth.||Over the decades, the building has been home to several doctors' offices, dentists and various shops and local businesses.|
|The building fell into disrepair in the 1970s and for over twenty years it was boarded up and left in relatively abandoned condition. During this time, the Flatiron changed hands several times, and lots of various plans were announced for the building; however, because all of the major building components were in ruin and would need a significant investment in refurbishing everything back to running condition, none of those plans ever materialized.||Dr. George Cravens, a Fort Worth neurosurgeon, bought the building in 1995 and spent several years restoring the building to its original grandeur. The restoration effort was a large-scale operation that involved removing large amounts of asbestos, installing a new HVAC system, retrofitting the plumbing and electric cabling, modernizing the elevator equipment, and a significant amount of repair and carpentry work.|
Not only do tenants have a prestigious address for their business, but a lease at the Flatiron Building comes with one of the most precious downtown commidities of them all: Parking. In addition, all full-floor layouts include a kitchen; some floors feature additional full bathrooms, conference rooms and wet bars.
|The Alessandrini Gallery houses the private collection of Dr. George Cravens, which mainly consists of works from Alessandrini's New Orleans-inspired anthology. The Flatiron Building's ground floor Event Space is the home of the Alessandrini Gallery and is open for view on select occasions throughout the year.|
|World renowned artist and sculptor, Franco Alessandrini was born in Sansepolcro, Italy in 1944. Over his long career, Alessandrini has become skilled in all mediums, including: oil, acrylic and watercolor paintings; charcoal, ink and pencil drawings; marble and bronze sculptures.||In 2002, Dr. George Cravens donated to the city of Fort Worth the 6,000 pound "Sleeping Panther" sculpture he had commissioned Alessandrini to create out of black Italian marble; the Panther lazily rests atop a fountain in the shadows of the Flatiron Building, while keeping a sleepily watchful eye on the surrounding Hyde Park.|
Please Call us at 682.249.1069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on leasing space with the Flatiron Building.
Our address is 1000 Houston Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
Website design by DigitalDFW